Eric Lan, Managing Partner
Mr. Lan has had a consistent career of 25+ years successfully leading and managing software engineering teams, both in large corporate IT environments, as well as SMBs and startups. He’s placed specific emphasis on enabling rapid growth through productivity and quality engineering.
His recent focus has been SaaS operations and Java development expertise for venture-backed startups building web and mobile business application software. He has excellent knowledge of industry, market, and technology trends, which drive strategic organizational decisions that effect our customers’ profitability.
He possesses strong hands-on technical skills in commercial software product development, with an expert understanding of enterprise architecture, operations, engineering processes, organizational development, and team building techniques.
Additional strengths include:
- Serving continuously as a key player on the executive team, with the major role of defining strategies and tactics for various business objectives, he has precisely and successfully defined product and engineering directions along with detailed execution plans
- Business- and results-driven, exemplifying clear communication of strategy and goals at all levels of the organization; over 25 years of experience as a top executive for large-scale enterprise software firms, specializing in BI, Analytics, OLAP, and CRM tools and services.
- He has been recognized among his peers as the “go to” resource when time, technology, and talent is urgently required for a successful implementation
- Hands-on experience managing offshore resources and setting up global development organizations to minimize cost and maximize productivity
Examples of Mr. Lan’s recent work include:
- Management of project team responsible for engineering and implementing a new consumer merchant, as well as developer applications and API’s enabling mobile commerce.
- The original architect and designer of Essbase, which is now a $1 billion product line at Oracle after their acquisition of Hyperion Solutions.
- Head of engineering at Hyperion Solutions, Remedy Corp (now BMC), e.Piphany (CRM company), Birst.com, and Adap.tv
Mr. Lan has excellent people-skills and the ability to deploy complex teams effectively, producing extraordinary business results. His career speaks for itself and he’s an important thought leader for us at Telegraph Hill Program Initiatives, Inc.