With an MBA and BS in Management, Mr. Smith has more than 35 years of experience as a leader and manager of high-performance sales, marketing, and product management teams in a multitude of high-tech companies. Known as an “outside the box” thinker, Mr. Smith has always sought new, innovative methods to solve business problems, whether as a coach/mentor or as a respected thought leader in technology.
Mr. Smith has in-depth experience in analyzing and managing his client’s business needs, while ensuring delivery of innovative solutions that exceed all requirements. His past clients include Bank of America, Wells Fargo, the State of California, PG&E, and Metavante.
Mr. Smith’s specialties include:
- Sales Leadership and Management Development
- Executive and Professional Coaching
- Change Management
- Organizational Development and Team Building
- Product Management
- Sales Training and Sales Force Management
- Strategic Planning and Strategy Management
With excellent leadership qualities and hands-on skills in commercial software product development, Mr. Smith has delivered highly profitable and timely results to a wide variety of clients. His major accomplishments include:
- Responsible for product management and introduction of new solutions for the banking industry. Led the market launch and successful sales effort for the company’s Check 21 solution for remote deposit capture in the US wholesale lock box market. Conceptualized and introduced various applications for healthcare payments, fraud detection, international trade payments, and online document storage.
- Created new marketing and product solutions, building disciplines in product management, e-business strategy, and software as a service. Introduced new product and market opportunities that leveraged legacy solutions and created increased sales opportunities through the introduction of new “on-line hosted” Internet solutions.
- Introduced new SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) development platform for optimizing new product solutions. Created and launched six new products utilizing SOA and repositioning company for both online and down market Internet ASP opportunities.
- Created marketing solutions organization for $700 million Company, building disciplines in product management, e-business strategy, and sales support.
- Trained and managed introduction of Pragmatic Marketing discipline to entire product marketing team.
- Developed frameworks for strategy, product/service management, customer communications, sales presentations and proposals, strategic partners/alliances, and corporate Internet strategy.
- Successfully launched new Internet-based product and services solution, which resulted in a 25% increase in sales and differentiated competitive advantage. Solution was created to integrate payment processing and workflow with emerging needs of customers (web integration) within multiple converging industries: banking/financial, utilities, telecommunications, insurance, health care, retail, and transportation.